DeWalt DCF887 & DCF887N XR Impact Driver
Available With Battery & Charger (DCF887) or Body Only (DCF887N)
DeWalt DCF887 & DCF887N Features
• Maximum torque of 205 Nm to work on heavy applications efficiently
• It has three LED light ring that provide amazing workplace lighting, especially in dark areas, and it eliminates shadows.
• Acceptable hand/arm vibration impact of 22 m/s²
• 400 Watt power output
• 0–3800 impacts per minute
• Sound pressure of 96 dB(A)
• Sound power of 107 dB(A)
• Sound pressure and sound power uncertainty both at 3 dB(A)
• Maximum bold diameter is M12
• Mode 1: PrecisionDrive (0-1000 RPM) – Give you more precise control for delicate jobs.
• Mode 2: Normal Impacting (0-2800 RPM & 169 Nm) You will probably find yourself in this setting most of the time.
• Mode 3: high-Speed Impacting (0.3250 RPM & 205 Nm) Excellent for jobs that require a lot of torque.
• It utilizes a lithium-ion battery with a capacity of 18 V that is proven to last long. It is also compatible with other DeWalt power tools which means you can use it with other tools as long as it has an 18V XR battery.
With Battery & Charger (DCF887)
Without Battery (DCF887N)
Differences Between DCF887 & DCF887N XR Range?
They are the same spec impact driver, the only difference is that the XR DCF887 comes with 1 x 4Ah 18v batteries. The DeWalt DCF887N is the body only, this is ideal for people who already have DeWalt XR batteries, as the XR battery can be used with this tool. However, it is always best to double check that the battery fits.
|Max Torque||205 Nm|
|Impacts Per Minute||3,800|
|Max No Load Speed (RPM)||3,250|
|Battery Quantity||5.0 Ah|
|Charge Time||30 min|
|Dimentions (H x L)||245mm x 134mm|
About DeWalt XR Impact Driver
This impact driver is a tool that any trades person or DIY'er would love to use when it comes to driving screws and bolts. It comes with a powerful motor for smooth application control. It has a brushless motor that can provide a maximum torque of 205 Nm which is superb for accomplishing heavy applications faster. Even with its strong performance, it managed to stay lightweight and compact, and it is known to be very comfortable to use.
It even provides extra comfort by adding three LED light ring that act as a workpiece lighting. The 4.0-Ah battery is proven to last longer than usual. It comes with a standard XR charger, belt hook, and bit holder in “drop and load” style for fast, one-handed fitment.
Brushless, 3-Motor Speed and Precision Drive
Although it is compact, it provides power that can get application done in the most efficient way. The three-motor speed offers different levels of speed that suits your need and can cater heavy applications.
The Precision Drive mode gives ultimate control to any worker when screw-driving preventing common damage to the material and fastener. With its maximum torque of 205 Nm, it gives more room to work on heavy-duty applications.
Compact and Lightweight Design Allowing Ease Of Use
Weighing 1.56 kg, it is not hard to see why this impact driver is easy to carry around. With its weight, your hands will not get tired even for long hours of use. They even add a 6.35-mm “drop and load” bit holder if you need to do a one-handed fitment. The length has been decreased to 134 mm which is perfect for small and tight spots.
To Sum Up
There are a lot of good reviews available online for this product. Most of the users have experienced how comfortable it is to use and how reliable the product is. People expressed that they appreciate how much power this DeWalt impact driver can offer. The tool looked like it was handcrafted to fit your hand perfectly.
The price is reasonable and acceptable, especially when you’ve used it. You will know that it is worth the price. It can also be used for domestic and commercial applications proving that it is highly recommendable.
This impact driver is close to perfection that most users do not have any negative comment. It is known to be compact and light. However, if your hand is bigger, you might have challenges holding this impact driver. It is designed to be compacted and meant to cater small spaces.
Overall, this impact driver is a great successors to its first-generation counterpart(Edit: This model has now been replaced by the DeWalt DCF888). No one can deny that it is one of the best DeWalt power tools. Its brilliant design is the answer to those hard-to-work spaces where fitting is a challenge. It can also compete with other known brands and can guarantee utmost performance.