Makita DTD154 & DTD154Z 18v Impact Driver
Available With Battery (DTD154) or Body Only (DTD154Z)
Makita DTD154 Rating Out of 5
- Max Torque
- Impacts Per Minute
- Max No Load Speed (RPM)
- Product Features
- Value For Money
- Powerful impact driver with 175Nm of torque, 3,800 impacts per minute and 2,600 RPM
- Control how much power is delivered with its electronic 3-stage impact power selection (hard/medium/soft)
- TEK mode (T-mode) is an excellent feature which reduces impact power during final stages of fastener seating
- Super compact impact driver at only 117mm in length
- Brushless motor to ensure maximum power is delivered at all times, enhance battery life and long life of impact driver
- eXtreme Protection Technology (XPT) offers excellent protection against dust, debris, and liquids. This ensures efficient performance in various conditions
- Battery protection system offers over-discharge, temperature and current protection for improved performance, battery cycle life, and overall battery life
- Quickly and easily remove or add new HEX bits with it’s one touch system
- Ergonomic soft and smooth rubber grip design to help with vibration absorption, this ensures less stress on wrist
Without Battery (DTD154Z)
With Battery (DTD154)
Differences Between the DTD154 & DTD154Z?
They are the exact same impact driver spec wise, the only difference is that the DTD154 comes with 1 x 5Ah 18v Makita battery. The Makita DTD154Z is the impact driver body only, this is ideal for people who already have Makita tools with batteries, as the battery can be used from those. However, it is always best to double check that the battery fits.
|Makita DTD154RTJ Specs|
|Max Torque||175 Nm|
|Impacts Per Minute||3,800|
|Max No Load Speed (RPM)||2,600|
|Battery Type||18V Lithium-Ion|
|Adjustable Speed Settings||3 Speed + TEK|
|Variable Speed Trigger||Yes|
|Max Bolt Diameter||M16|
One thing that you should look into when searching for power tools is the reputation of the manufacturer. Makita has an extremely good reputation for making the highest quality tools, the quality is so good that Makita is used by many professional tradesmen. Innovative and advanced designs are two objectives that Makita has always adhered to in its commitment to provide excellent quality tools.
Makita is known as the leading manufacturer when it comes to impact drivers, and the Makita DTD154, DTD154z are one of Makita’s bestselling impact drivers.
With Makita, you can be assured of the quality and capacity of the products are to a very high standard.
More Info About the Makita DTD154Z
3-Speed Power Selection and TEK Mode
The Makita DTD154z impact driver allows you to adjust the amount of power delivered. It has 3 pre-set adjustable power settings along with TEK mode.
The TEK mode will ensure fasteners are not over tightened. Once the impact river detects the screw is almost all the way in, it will slowdown, and reduce power enough to make sure the fastener is tightened to the correct amount.
The 3 pre-set power modes offer the following:
- No Load Speed: 3,600
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,800
- No Load Speed: 2,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 2,600
- No Load Speed: 1,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 1,100
The DTD154z is Compact and Powerful
This Makita impact driver is only 117 mm long making this one of the most compact drivers available. This Makita impact driver delivers maximum torque of 175 Nm (1,550 in lbs) and a rpm of 3,600 which makes it one of the top performers in its category.
A higher torque means you can drive large screws with a smaller driver. It also produces lesser heat buildup so you can use it for an extended period of time without fear of overheating. It basically guarantees you of reduced body strain due to its smooth and easy screwing feature.
To Sum Up The DTD154z
The brushless Makita DTD154z impact driver delivers supreme power and powerful speed even with its compact size giving you full range when it comes to fastening tasks. Its tightening mode is specially optimized to increase tightening speed without damaging the work and the screw.
It consists of a 3-stage impact power selector and TEK selection mode that prevents fasteners from being overly tightened. It is heavy-duty, powerful, and fast, making it one of the best tools that Makita has ever created.
This 18v Makita impact driver is absolutely perfect for you as it has abundant power to do all jobs(Edit: This model has a newer version: Makita DTD171). You can use it at home, at work and be assured that it can handle all sorts of fastener without a glitch.
This tool has excellent value and is well-constructed to address particular needs of the user. You will find it easy to use due to its more compact nature. It starts off as a standard driver until it begins to operate on an impact mode which is really useful in tightening and loosening up of screws and bolts.
It has XPT Technology that effectively protects it from liquids, dust, and even debris so you can be guaranteed of its excellent performance. It costs relatively lower, too.
If you are a DIY enthusiasts or professional tradesman, this impact driver will do the job regardless of what you throw at it which makes it an excellent choice.