- Powerful max fastening torque at 175Nm
- Impressive 3,800 impact per minute and 3,600 RPM
- 3 Adjustable pre-set power settings
- Assist mode for more control when driving screws
- T Mode is specifically for self drilling Tek screws through sheet metal
- High performance brushless motor to help deliver all its power
- Compact at only 117mm in length
Without Battery (DTD171Z): Click Here For Best Price
Makita DTD170 Specs
|Impacts Per Minute||3,800|
|Max No Load Speed (RPM)||3,600|
|Battery Type||18V Lithium-Ion|
|Adjustable Speed Settings||3+Assit & T mode|
|Variable Speed Trigger||Yes|
|Max Bolt Diameter||M14|
Makita DTD170 Impact Driver
This cordless Makita impact driver has many features to help make your job easier. The Makita DTD170Z has plenty of power with its high torque, impacts per minute and no load speed (RPM), adjustable power and mode settings, is compact and light weight along with Makita’s build quality and reliability, making this a very good impact driver.
4 Pre-set Adjustable Speeds
The Makita DTD170 allows you to adjust the power output to give you greater control of the impact driver. Below id the power output for each mode:
- No Load Speed (RPM): 3,600
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,800
- No Load Speed (RPM): 3,200
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,600
- No Load Speed (RPM): 2,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 2,600
- No Load Speed (RPM): 1,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 1,100
Assist and T Mode
Along with the 4 power settings, you get assist and T Mode which do the following:
Assist Mode: When the impact driver is in this mode, it starts of slow, and then increases power to help tighten. This mode is great for those jobs that require a screwdriver instead of a impact driver.
T Mode: This mode starts off spinning fast to help drive self drilling screws through metal sheets, it reduces power during the final stages of tightening the screw to ensure you don’t damage the screw head or thread.
High Performance Brushless Motor
To ensure this cordless impact driver can deliver its power, and the tool lasts a long time, Makita have fitted the DTD170 with a high quality performance brushless motor and all metal gear box.
Compact and Light weight
The Makita DTD170 is extremely compact at only 117mm in length, this is currently on of the most compact impact driver available.
The body on its own weights 1.2kg, with a Makita 18v battery, depending on the size you use it can weight up to 1.5kg. At this weight, the impact driver is very comfortable to handle and maneuver, whilst virtually very little strain on your forearm and wrist.