Available With Battery or Body Only
Makita DTD171 Key Features
- Compact size: 116mm in length
- Plenty of power: 180Nm of torque, 3,800 IPM and 3,600 RPM.
- 4 Stage impact power adjustable speed settings (Max, Hard, Medium, Soft)
- 4x assist mode variations (Wood Mode, Bolt Mode, T-Mode for thin metal, T-Mode for thick metal)
- Quick switching function with memory button above trigger
- High quality brushless motor to ensure long tool life and max power at all times.
- Variable speed trigger with forward reverse rotation
- One-touch sliding chuck for quick bit installation
- Twin LED job lights with pre-glow and after-glow features
Without Battery (DTD171Z)
With Battery (DTD171)
|Makita DTD171 Specs
|Impacts Per Minute
|Max No Load Speed (RPM)
|Adjustable Speed Settings
|4 power Modes + 4x Assist Modes
|Variable Speed Trigger
|Max Bolt Diameter
Makita DTD171Z Review – Brushless 4 Stage Impact Driver
This Makita impact driver is compatible with Makita LXT 18v battery range, if you already have LXT batteries, you will only need the body which is the DTD171z. This is currently the best Makita impact driver.
4x Assist Mode & 4 Stage Impact Power Selection
The Makita DTD171Z brushless impact driver comes with 4x assist mode variations for different materials such as wood, thin metal plate, thick metal plate and bolts.
4 stage impact power selection mode variations impact power selection that lets you control it to suit a variety of applications. The special modes change the impact ratios and speed to allow for various impact characteristics. You also get the
- Wood mode – This mode will start off at low RPM to give you more precision at the beginning of driving the screw, once it requires the impact function, the RPM speeds up.
- Bolt Mode – This mode helps stop run off. When unfastening bolts and nuts, the impact driver can detect when the bolt is loosened and stops.
- T-Mode 1 (Mode for thin metal) – This mode is for fastening self-drilling screws into thin metal plate/sheets. The impact driver will start off at full speed to help pierce the metal, once impacting is required the driver will stop.
- T Mode 2 (Mode for thick metal) – This mode is for thick metal plate/sheets. It uses enough power to ensure the screw does not break or strip.
4-Stage Power Select Modes:
- No Load Speed: 3,600
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,800
- No Load Speed: 3,200
- Impacts Per Minute: 3,600
- No Load Speed: 2,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 2,600
- No Load Speed: 1,100
- Impacts Per Minute: 1,100
Quick Mode Switching Function With Memory
Located above the trigger is quick mode switching function button that allows you to control the quick swift modes. In the quick shift function, you can program any two of the 4-stage power selection modes that you find yourself using often during a job.
Makita Impact Drivers